Thursday, March 13, 2014

The Art of Learning - Part II

Although I've so far only listened to 6 chapters of the audio book narrated by the author himself, I'm already fascinated by it and convinced I'll listen to it several times this very month. Josh Waitzkin, a grand master of chess and martial arts, not only describes his immensly densed learning journey through some of the most thought-pressured experiences you could imagine, but he also deconstructs the individual components of his learning journey and thought processes so as to help both himself and his audience understand the logic behind it all. What's more, he does it in a very appealing way.

I'm inspired to learn that his ideas are being put in use through his foundation, The JW Foundation. I just found out about it and see I have some research to do.

No comments: